[yocto] Do the latest pre-built binaries for QEMU PPC work?

Cook, Layne lcook at ball.com
Thu Aug 9 14:00:26 PDT 2012

I'm trying to run what I think are the latest pre-built binaries for
qemuppc:

kernel: vmlinux-qemuppc.bin

filesystem: core-image-minimal-qemuppc.ext3

but I get the following result:

================= Screen capture start =========================

lcook at itsloan200-lt:/opt/poky/1.2.1$ source
environment-setup-ppc603e-poky-linux

lcook at itsloan200-lt:/opt/poky/1.2.1$ runqemu qemuppc
~/Downloads/vmlinux-qemuppc.bin
~/Downloads/core-image-minimal-qemuppc.ext3 ext3

Continuing with the following parameters:

KERNEL: [/home/lcook/Downloads/vmlinux-qemuppc.bin]

ROOTFS: [/home/lcook/Downloads/core-image-minimal-qemuppc.ext3]

FSTYPE: [ext3]

Setting up tap interface under sudo

Acquiring lockfile for tap0...

WARNING: distccd not present, no distcc support loaded.

WARNING: nVidia proprietary OpenGL libraries detected.

nVidia's OpenGL libraries are known to have compatibility issues with
qemu,

resulting in a segfault. Please uninstall these drivers or ensure the
mesa libGL

libraries precede nvidia's via LD_PRELOAD(Already do it on Ubuntu 10).

Running qemu-system-ppc...

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc
-kernel /home/lcook/Downloads/vmlinux-qemuppc.bin -net nic,model=pcnet
-net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no -cpu G4 -M mac99
-hda /home/lcook/Downloads/core-image-minimal-qemuppc.ext3 -no-reboot
-show-cursor -usb -usbdevice wacom-tablet -no-reboot -m 128 --append
"root=/dev/hda rw console=ttyS0 console=tty
ip=192.168.7.2::192.168.7.1:255.255.255.0 mem=128M "

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc:
error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Set 'tap0' nonpersistent

Releasing lockfile of preconfigured tap device 'tap0'

I am running on Ubuntu 11.04 (x86_64), and following the instructions in
the yocto project quick start for using pre-built binaries and QEMU. I
have libXext.so.6 installed, and I think the OpenGL warning isn't
causing this. Has anyone else successfully done this with the pre-built
binaries? I saw a thread from 2010 where it worked with different
binaries, but I can't find those files anymore.

LC