[yocto] Custom splash screen using psplash

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 8 08:24:09 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 08 August 2012 17:13:54 Giovanni Foiani wrote:
> I need to setup a custom splash screen replacing the Yocto logo with a
> custom image.
> I generated my logo using make-image script into psplash screen and
> replaced the previous one in meta/recipes-core/psplash/files folder.
> Then I run
>

>    - bitbake psplash -c cleansstate
>    - bitbake psplash
>
> and then generate a new image, but during boot I still see the Yocto logo.
> Which is the right procedure?
> Does the my custom logo (a png image) have some requirements (i.e. size,
> colors, etc..)?

The yocto psplash logo comes from meta-yocto/recipes-core/psplash. Rather than
changing the one in that directory though, the recommended way to provide your
own splash screen is to do what meta-yocto does in your own layer (i.e. just
copy that directory into your own layer and replace the logo there).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton