[yocto] Unable to get serial console login prompt - PowerPC 440 Virtex 5 processor

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:33:27 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Aug 8, 2012, at 0:30, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there something that I can disable to get static bash to run to the
>> prompt, with the core-image-minimal image?
>
> well compile bash or dash as static and copy it manually into the
> rootfile system
> nfs root works well for such experiments. Do you have that option ?

I tired manually copying the static bash binary 8mb, over to the ramdisk root folder. The problem still manifests, if there is no other file other than the static bash file, it displays the prompt. If the core-minimal-console image exists, along with the static bash binary in the root location, it gives the kernel panic, as shown above.

Best regards,

Elvis