[yocto] Developing hob/bitbake using PyDev

Iorga, Cristian cristian.iorga at intel.com
Tue Aug 7 00:48:53 PDT 2012

Hello,

Ha anyone use Pydev in order to develop hob or bitbake?
What I am basically interested in is:

1.      Doing remote debugging of hob.

2.      A feature similar to a "Fix and Continue" (change the code, and re-run it without re-running the entire hob from the beginning)

Now. I did a small investigation with help from Valentin Popa and Bogdan Marinescu.
Remote debugging seems possible, but we did not set it up (yet).
"Fix and Continue" we don't know if it exists in Python world, because of the way Pyhon (interpreter + base language works).
I.e.: Python: from module import spam
spam will be initialized after this one.
How Python will handle a reload or something similar in this case?

If anyone have any insights into this issues, please help me.

P.S.: Doing remote debugging of hob seems to need changes in hob/bitbake sources, which I guess would not be acceptable to be integrated into main branch, isn't it?

Thanks,
Cristian Iorga