[yocto] Manually fetching files (and disabling the sanity-checker)

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Fri Aug 3 10:06:49 PDT 2012

On 07/18/2012 05:22 PM, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 07/18/2012 04:50 PM, Tim Bird wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've given up trying to work around Sony's firewall.  After repeated attempts
>> I still can't get any 'git:'-based URLS to work through the firewall.
>>
>> I vaguely recall the last time I worked on this (about 5.0 timeframe) there
>> was a mirror where tarballs could be downloaded, if the git fetch didn't work.
>>
>> Is this mirror still available?  If not, is there any way to disable
>> the sanity-checker, and have bitbake tell me what repositories it's
>> looking for, so I can manually construct a local mirror for yoctoproject
>> to work off of?
>>
> To disable the sanity check you can set CONNECTIVITY_CHECK_URIS to ""
> and that will cause it to be skipped.
>
> Regarding the mirroring, have you tried to just set the PREMIRRORS to
> use only http* and ftp in your local.conf:
> PREMIRRORS = "\
> ftp://.*/.*      http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
> http://.*/.*     http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
> https://.*/.*    http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n"
>
> I am not sure, but this might force protocols. You could try a "bitbake
> -c fetchall universe"
>
> I am going have Michael H. get you the information about where the the
> Downloads are.
>
> Let me know how it goes.

Just to report back, I successfully used this and the instructions Michael
Halstead provided, from https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-May/008966.html
to work around my non-working Sony proxy issue.

So thank you both very much!  I completed several builds in the past week,
and am looking forward to doing some experimentation with my
own custom distribution, for some research I'm doing.

I should note that this is independent of the work being done by Sony's
internal distribution team, who have been working to migrate Sony's internal
Linux distribution to the Yocto Project for a few months now.

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment