[yocto] build error pandaboard on master

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:22:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Aug 2, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

>> One of us should fix the pulseaudio issue on master and send in a patch.
> probably going to be you. that's a long ways away from my skill level. :-)

You can find information about the linux git repos for OMAP4 here:

http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/LinuxOmapKernelGitTrees

For audio they have a specific repo, along with the name of a maintainer
Audio	ASoC	ALSA tree	https://gitorious.org/omap-audio	git://gitorious.org/omap-audio/linux-audio.git
ASoC DSP framework
You can try to use the above repo, in conjunction with the following repo, to see if you can get things working:
ARM Core kernel	Core Kernel	Linus' tree	http://git.gitorious.org/omap-sw-develoment/linux-omap-dev.git	git://gitorious.org/omap-sw-develoment/linux-omap-dev.git
Please note that I have not tried the above repos, but just thought I'd dig out the information for you.You probably need to hunt around a bit to locate the right repo.

The following gitorious project also contains some work on the Pandaboard x-loader, bootloader and kernel. Perhaps you might find some audio patches and support in it.

http://gitorious.org/pandaboard

I see one patch in x-loader for audio here

http://gitorious.org/+pandaboard/x-loader/pandaboard-x-loader/commit/746f93150545c4d4f3ba359046a5c7249094309a

So, with a bit of time, and patience, you should be able to build and try each git resource, till you find one that works, extract the audio related patches, and apply it to the yocto bsp or kernel recipes.

I've got a Pandaboard with me, but I'm focussing on getting my Xilinx Virtex 5 FPGA up and running with yocto at the moment. It's been over a year or so since the Pandaboard has been released, so you should be able to extract the patch from one of the TI repos, or an Android kernel repository.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson