[yocto] Debug with gdbserver

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 1 10:16:23 PDT 2012

On 08/01/2012 10:09 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> (gdb) target extended-remote 127.0.0.1:1234
>
> this should be ip of target which in your case is qemu prolly
> something like 192.168.7.2 or somesuch

I was trying to use the "redir" feature of qemu which supposedly allows
you to connect to 1234 on the host instead. After looking at this for a
bit and not making any progress, I setup tun/tap networking with qemu
and easily connected using the target IP as you mention above. I'd like
to understand why redir didn't work - as debugging without a full
network on the client would be nice - but for now, I'm moving along.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center