[yocto] [for denzil] kernel.bbclass: Copy bounds.h only if it exists, needed for 2.6.x.

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Wed Aug 1 09:46:30 PDT 2012

On 08/01/2012 02:08 AM, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hello Koen,
>
> On 08/01/2012 08:55 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Shouldn't this be sent to the oe-core list?!?!?
>>
> It was intended for the denzil branch ([for denzil]) of Yocto, that's
> why I sent it to yocto at yoctoproject.org.
>
> If that was wrong reasoning, let me know, I would be glad to change
> workflow if I know why.

Hi Leon,

Since Yocto is built upon oe-core, changes to files that live in oe-core
should really be sent to the oe-core ML. Our workflow is then to pick
things up from oe-core and move them into the poky git repository.

Both oe-core and poky have denzil branches this patch applies to, so
you'd still make mention in your subject line that the patch is intended
for denzil.

The main reason to submit patches to the Yocto ML is if it's specific to
the meta-yocto layer you find in the Poky git repository, or to discuss
overall Yocto issues.

Just some things to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Garman