[yocto] mechanism to disable package management on target

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 1 05:30:05 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 01 August 2012 11:44:53 Venkata ramana gollamudi wrote:
>     Is there any mechanism to disable package management, so that my rootfs
> should not have any package management related packages like opkg etc.
>
>  I found that one of the methods ipk/rpm/deb need to be mandatorily
> selected. Please suggest if any such method exists.

Definitely - if IMAGE_FEATURES does not contain "package-management" then the
package manager database and package management tools will not be part of the
final image. The package manager will still be used to construct the root
filesystem so you'll still see it being built.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton