[yocto] Yocto Project 1.2 release readiness meeting - We made it!

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Mon Apr 30 11:08:15 PDT 2012

Thanks you all for your support the team's hard work on the 1.2 release. We made it!

Attendees:
Beth, Nitin, Richard, Jefro, Tom, Darren, Saul, Mark (MontaVista), Jeremy (MontaVista), Mark, Jessica, Denys (TI), ScottR, Song

Agenda:

* Release Criteria review,

- Functional Completion: Completed all bug 2 P1 features. The 2 P1's are mostly completed and pushed to 1.3 to finish up, they are not release blockers at this point. We also completed most of the P2's and P3's. Overall the team has completed more than 75% of what we planned as a 'goal' for our 1.2 release.

- Build & release (Yocto Project and core BSPs): all features and core BSPs can be built with no error.

- Open Bugs: all high bugs are fixed, team fixed all 1.2 must fix bugs.

- Functional Test: Full pass test has been run on RC2, all completed, bugs are logged.

- Distro Tested: N+1 for Fedora, OpenSuse, Ubuntu, Centos. World image testing has not been completed due to Shanghai QA team's holiday schedule and power issue. But the QA team feels that we should not have any significant issue there. And we have tested this in RC4.

- Core BSP: all core BSPs are tested and bugs are logged.

- Documentation: minor changes not in the release tarball, will be pulled into 1.2 release branch.  5 or 6 changes affect the correctness of the doc. Please check out the latest doc from the 1.2 release branch.

- Build Performance: 111 min for RC5, at pretty much the same level as we started the release (104 min) considering deviations.

- Package Update/Upstream statues: Target met

* Vote:
- The team including all communities members on the call approved the 1.2 release and we are going to release today on April 30th, 2012.