[yocto] looking for recom for MIPS dev kit (*not* RS pro)

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Apr 29 14:38:06 PDT 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Yury Bushmelev <jay4mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Have you seen Qi-Hardware's Ben NanoNote?
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote
> >

> yes I know that it uses MIPS32 based processor and my inclination is
> to use mips64 based cpu thats why I am more interested in lemote.

  the only issue i see is that that netbook is $449 in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Lemote-Yeeloong-8101_B-Netbook/dp/B005XH10NQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319989211&sr=8-2?tag=electronicfro-20

and that strikes me as excessively expensive for a MIPS dev kit.  when
beagles and pandas are giving people sub-$200 ARM kits, more than
doubling that price for a MIPS kit is a big jump unless you can buy
just the board for much less.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca