[yocto] Building a Qt4-x11 app.

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Sun Apr 29 12:19:59 PDT 2012

Le Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:16:44 +0800,
Daniel Toussaint <daniel at dmhome.net> a écrit :

> I wish to run an application developed with QT in a Yocto filesystem.
> The app should be linked against Qt4-X11 libs. What is the exact work
> flow to get my app cross compiled on my x86_64 host ?
> So far I have :
> -> Build a complete core-image-sato with IPKG as a packaging system.
> -> Build qt4-x11-free
> -> Build qt4-tools-nativesdk
>
> Now, I got something called qmake2 in the build directory
> (sysroot-x86_64) , but it complains about not finding the right qmake
> specs.
> I got the feeling I am doing something fundamentally wrong with my
> setup, can anyone enlighten me ?

simply write a recipe for your app and let the build system build
your application.

The recipe can be quite simple if your app doesn't depends on other
libs than qt4 :

DESCRIPTION = "Application QT4-X11"
SECTION = "Apps"
LICENSE = "yourlicense"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://youlicense;md5=yourmd5"

inherit qt4x11

SRC_URI = "file://application.tar.bz2"
# or directly download it from a VCS

# may be necessary :