[yocto] looking for recom for MIPS dev kit (*not* RS pro)

Yury Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:38:38 PDT 2012

2012/4/28 Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:

>  a potential training client of mine would like an intro embedded
> linux course ideally on a MIPS-based dev kit.  i'm aware that the
> reference BSP for that in yocto is the routerstation pro, but i just
> learned today that it's "end of life" so i'd rather get something
> newer.
>
>  any recommendations on a decent, not stupidly expensive MIPS dev kit
> that perhaps already has some yocto backing?  thanks.

Have you seen Qi-Hardware's Ben NanoNote?
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote

Common price is about $99.
But it have QVGA scree, no USB host, no pointing device and only 32Mb of RAM.

Yocto have no BSP for it as well, but there is Jlime distro which is
based on OpenEmbedded. And I've seen Jlime OE-core layer somewhere on
github already.

--
Yury Bushmelev