[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Apr 24 11:20:46 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Mark, Jeremy, Dave, Saul, Michael, Richard, Darren, Tom, Jessica, Jeffro, Paul, Jeff, Bruce, Sean, Matthew, Song

Agenda
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)

* Yocto 1.2 M4 status - 15 min (Song/Team)
  - Thanks for the team's hard work and great help from the community for 1.2 release.
  - The latest build has all key fixes for 1.2, QA started full pass testing. Should be completed by this Saturday. (4/29-/5/1, Shanghai team holiday). If things go well, we will have the release readiness meeting next Monday and release on the same day (April 30th).
  - We will keep watching the QA progress until we have the final QA report.

* Yocto 1.3 planning - processes (Song)
  - Feel free to put feature requests in Bugzilla as enhancement bugs.
  - the 1.3 feature list wiki page is being worked on to sync with the Bugzilla dynamically.
  - Two process docs will go out for review. One short one for reference. The long one is for more background and detail.

* SWAT team rotation: Beth -> Jessica.

* Opens - 10 min
  - 1.2 change log: a week ago, went through git history, come up with a list of changes. It's sent out to the public mailing list. Saul will talk to Beth about this. Beth can take over when Paul is on vacation.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Matthew: nothing to share. Freescale BSPs release sometime in May. Have not synced with ARM, will be doing that.
  - Sean: We are in the planning phase for the next release. For more active involvement in YP.
  - Bruce: Working on bug fixing with 3.2 kernel. Spending time on 3.4 kernel.
  - Jeff: Nothing
  - Paul: Fixing bugs for the release. One won't make 1.2. 1858, we understand the problem now. It's basically 2 bugs.
  - Jeffro: There is a group creating BSP for Raspberry Pi, Qt. 4-5 people. Paul agreed to help them. Updated YP statistics wiki page (email on the pub mailing list). We can use the BSP mailing list to get more people involved. Send them invitation from the list.
  - Jessica: working on bug triage, other things for 1.2 release. Working with Michael to get Bugzilla re-orged. 1.3 planning for ADT.
  - Tom: Get back to BSPs, bug fixing.
  - Darren: Some internal BSP week, focusing on FRI II BSP.
  - Richard: Tied up with the 1.2 release. Bug fixing, pseudo issue, etc. found problems with qemu emulation, fixed the problem. Debug build issues, make 1.2 high quality. Started another branch to collect patches. Not opening up the master for now. Hope to get some QA on the branch after 1.2 release.
   - Michael: worked on bugzilla re-org. working with Jefro, Song on some issues. General maintenance. Continue to work on monitoring upgrade. Planning for the week after the release to upgrade the infrastructure. Bugzilla upgrade could be done first thing after the release. Found some issues in bug statistics, will work on that this week.
   - Saul: working with the team and Richard on 1.2. Looking at pacjkage update. Things for the master next. This week, more of the same. Wrapping up 1.2. Scott will be the maintainer for 1.2.1.
   - Jeremy: Working on the current release.
   - Mark: working on fixing update alternative staff. Upgrading RPM to the latest RPM5 version.