[yocto] configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables when creating and building a hello world project.

jack woailinux at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:07:06 PDT 2012

On 2012?04?20? 02:28, Zhang, Jessica wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> I think you've hit a known issue that introduced by the latest
> LinuxTools project of Eclipse plug-in.  Here's steps that you can have
> your Eclipse IDE updated to solve the issue:
>
> 1.Under Help->About Eclipse SDK, click "Installation Details", there
> what is the version of your "Autotools support for CDT(Incubation)" is
> it 3.0.1.201202152032? And scroll to the bottom, if you see Yocto
> Plugin for Eclipse and the version is older than 1.2.0.201203141639,
> then select Yocto Plugin for Eclipse and select uninstall, since the
> older version of plugin won't be able to handle the bug that
> introduced by LinuxTools project.  Follow the steps to uninstall the
> Yocto plug-in and restart your Eclipse
>
> 2.IF your "Autotools support for CDT" version is different from the
> above mentioned. Under Help->Install New Software, Click on "Available
> Software Sites" and make sure "Indigo" got checked. And In the" Work
> With:" drop down, select Indigo, extend "Programming Languages" and
> select "Autotools support for CDT" and follow the steps to update to
> the latest version and restart Eclipse
>
> 3.Go to
> http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.1.1/eclipse-plugin/indigo,
> and download org.yocto.sdk-rc1-201203141638-archive.zip
> <http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.1.1/eclipse-plugin/indigo/org.yocto.sdk-rc1-201203141638-archive.zip>
> to your local system, and in Eclipse Help->Install New Software, "Work
> With:" click ADD, there you can put name as Yocto-1.1.1, and click on
> Archive and select the Yocto plug-in archive zip file you just
> downloaded.  Then from the drop down select the Yocto-1.1.1 and follow
> the steps to finish reinstall and restart Eclipse.
>
> Now your Eclipse IDE should behave as desired which allows you to
> reconfigure a specific Yocto project using certain sysroot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jessica

Hello,Jessica!
Thank you for your help! I have solved my problem and found the error
was caused by the wrong path of "sysroot location". But your advice
still is useful for me, because several days ago,I was puzzled by the
older version of yocto plugin for eclipse, and you provide a nice
solution for me.

ThX!
jack