[yocto] Fw:Re:Re: problem about package and subpackage

caterwaul caterwaul at 163.com
Wed Apr 18 06:58:55 PDT 2012

-------- Forwarding messages --------
From: caterwaul <caterwaul at 163.com>
Date: 2012-04-18 21:57:27
To: "Gary Thomas" <gary at mlbassoc.com>
Subject: Re:Re: [yocto] problem about package and subpackage

At 2012-04-18 19:57:21,"Gary Thomas" <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>On 2012-04-18 05:29, caterwaul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to add dhcp(4.2.0) into my image. And I added "dhcp" into IMAGE_INSTALL of my image's bb file. After I runing bitbake, the dhcp package is normally fetched and compiled
>> and so on. But during do_rootfs bitbake reported as follow:
>> Processing dhcp...
>> Unable to find package dhcp (dhcp)!
>> ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed
>>
>> I note that in /meta/recipes-connectivity/dhcp/dhcp4.inc the dhcp package is split into 4 subpackages(PACKAGES += "dhcp-server dhcp-client dhcp-relay dhcp-omshell"). Now If I
>> remove "dhcp" from IMAGE_INSTALL and add these 4 subpackages' name into IMAGE_INSTALL and run bitbake AGAIN, they can be normally added into my final image.
>>
>> I've tried to modify last part of dhcp4.inc as follow: But bitbake still reported "Unable to find package dhcp"
>> FILES_${PN} = ""
>> FILES_${PN} += "${sbindir}/dhcpd ${sysconfdir}/init.d/dhcp-server ${sysconfdir}/default/dhcp-server ${sysconfdir}/dhcp/dhcpd.conf"
>> FILES_${PN} += "${sbindir}/dhcrelay ${sysconfdir}/init.d/dhcp-relay ${sysconfdir}/default/dhcp-relay"
>> FILES_${PN} += "${base_sbindir}/dhclient ${base_sbindir}/dhclient-script ${sysconfdir}/dhcp/dhclient.conf"
>> FILES_${PN} += "${bindir}/omshell"
>> RDEPENDS_${PN} = "bash"
>>
>> So How should I config bitbake to get my image with dhcp by running bitbake ONLY ONCE?
>
>There is no "dhcp" package, only dhcp-client, dhcp-relay, dhcp-server.
>Pick the functionality you need and use the appropriate package(s)

Thank you very much. But maybe my question is not clear. What I mean is:
If I pick dhcp-server dhcp-client dhcp-relay and dhcp-omshell, bitbake will NOT start to build and report can NOT find these packages. On the other hand, if I pick dhcp, bitbake will start to build, but at do_rootfs stage it will report "Unable to find package dhcp (dhcp)!"(at this moment all dhcp-xxx packages has actually been generated there). So I want to know how to config bitbake to complete the build and produce image with whole or part of dhcp.