[yocto] problem about package and subpackage

caterwaul caterwaul at 163.com
Wed Apr 18 04:29:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

I wanted to add dhcp(4.2.0) into my image. And I added "dhcp" into IMAGE_INSTALL of my image's bb file. After I runing bitbake, the dhcp package is normally fetched and compiled and so on. But during do_rootfs bitbake reported as follow:
Processing dhcp...
Unable to find package dhcp (dhcp)!
ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed

I note that in /meta/recipes-connectivity/dhcp/dhcp4.inc the dhcp package is split into 4 subpackages(PACKAGES += "dhcp-server dhcp-client dhcp-relay dhcp-omshell"). Now If I remove "dhcp" from IMAGE_INSTALL and add these 4 subpackages' name into IMAGE_INSTALL and run bitbake AGAIN, they can be normally added into my final image.

I've tried to modify last part of dhcp4.inc as follow: But bitbake still reported "Unable to find package dhcp"
FILES_${PN} = ""
FILES_${PN} += "${sbindir}/dhcpd ${sysconfdir}/init.d/dhcp-server ${sysconfdir}/default/dhcp-server ${sysconfdir}/dhcp/dhcpd.conf"
FILES_${PN} += "${sbindir}/dhcrelay ${sysconfdir}/init.d/dhcp-relay ${sysconfdir}/default/dhcp-relay"
FILES_${PN} += "${base_sbindir}/dhclient ${base_sbindir}/dhclient-script ${sysconfdir}/dhcp/dhclient.conf"
FILES_${PN} += "${bindir}/omshell"
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "bash"

So How should I config bitbake to get my image with dhcp by running bitbake ONLY ONCE?

Thank you.