[yocto] Writing do_install_append for target and virtclass-native in a bbappend

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 16 20:32:25 PDT 2012

I'm trying to address a symlink naming issue in the bzip2 package when
used with Chrome. Chrome is looking for a specific soname, which the
default install of bzip2 doesn't setup. I can address this easily by
adding the symlink via a bzip2 bbappend in do_install_append().
Unfortunately, this fails for the virtclass-native variant. I tried
adding and empty:

do_install_append_virtclass-native() {
	:
}

function to the bbappend, which still failed. I then added an echo
statement which appeared in the output, but it still ran non-native
do_install_append() and failed. Switching the order of the functions
made the echo output disappear, but the native variant still failed.

I figure I must be missing something rather fundamental here. Any ideas
what it might be?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center