[yocto] Build time data

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 12 00:10:35 PDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 09:39 PM, Bob Cochran wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 08:30 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
>> SSDs are one way to
>> go, but we've been known to chew through them and they aren't priced as
>> consumables.
>
> Hi Darren,
>
> Could you please elaborate on "been known to chew through them"?
>
> Are you running into an upper limit on write / erase cycles?  Are you
> encountering hard (or soft) failures?

Some have reported early physical disk failure. Due to the cost of SSDs,
not a lot of people seem to be trying it out. I *believe* the current
generation of SSDs would perform admirably, but I haven't tested that. I
know Deny builds with SSDs, perhaps he would care to comment?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center