[yocto] package requirements for CentOS

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Wed Apr 11 08:43:39 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M
<scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com> wrote:
> I have recently added the CentOS distribution to the YP QS.  The list now
> includes Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, and CentOS.  Further down in the manual
> there are sections detailing the package requirements for Ubuntu, Fedora,
> and openSUSE.  I should address CentOS.  Here is the link to the sections
> currently there.  Does anyone know the package requirements for CentOS?
>

> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html#packages

We have some idea. The biggest difference looks to be chrpath is not
available on CentOS/RHEL 5.x distro's by default. I thought the same
could be said of python2.6 so I'm not sure at the moment how we handle
that. (This is for edison so it should still be applicable)

#!/bin/sh

echo "Install packages needed to build Yocto, please wait, it may take a while"
PKGS="tetex gawk sqlite-devel vim-common redhat-lsb xz \
     m4 make wget curl ftp tar bzip2 gzip python-devel \
     unzip perl texinfo texi2html diffstat openjade zlib-devel \
     docbook-style-dsssl sed docbook-style-xsl docbook-dtds \
     docbook-utils bc glibc-devel pcre pcre-devel \
     groff linuxdoc-tools patch linuxdoc-tools cmake \
     tcl-devel gettext ncurses apr \
     SDL-devel mesa-libGL-devel mesa-libGLU-devel gnome-doc-utils \
     autoconf automake libtool xterm"
if [ "Fedora" = "$distro" ]; then
    PKGS="$PKGS hg ccache quilt help2man perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker connect-proxy"
fi
sudo yum -y groupinstall "development tools"
sudo yum -y install $PKGS

[ -r /etc/redhat-release ] && series=`sed -e 's,.*\([0-9]\)\..*,\1,g'
/etc/redhat-release`
# chrpath is ONLY availabe on RHEL 6.x
if [ "Redhat" = "$distro" -a "6" != "$series" ]; then
    # check if chrpath is installed.
    if [ -z "$(rpm -qa chrpath)" ]; then
        echo "chrpath is required. Install it as follows:
        (1) download the package from
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/${series}/extras/
        (2) sudo rpm -Uhv chrpath-0.13-3.el${series}.centos.i386.rpm
            or
            sudo rpm -Uhv chrpath-0.13-3.el${series}.centos.x86_64.rpm
        Then re-run this script."
    fi
else
    sudo yum -y install chrpath