[yocto] Moving angstrom under the yocto banner

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Tue Apr 10 09:07:05 PDT 2012

[Note, Koen is trying to get davest to respond quickly by trying a top post. Good work, Koen!]

Evidently I created a firestorm of controversy with my previous stupid questions on this topic. At the risk of doing so again, will soldier on.  Official minutes coming from Shane/Jefro in coming days.

I think we're all in agreement with the intent of the Yocto Project - to minimize or eliminate the redundant effort required currently in embedded Linux. This is why we have people slaving away to QA our release bits and fix bugs, for example.

With that intent clear, we're still trying to work out which parts of the projects are intended to be upstreams and which are there just as examples. There is some additional clarity we need in order to make this really clear, and I think RP took the action to work on this. (Some of the lack of clarity is that there are still a lot of things called "poky" and go by fancy video game character names, which might need to change).

In the AB meeting, we spent time talking about the use of the Yocto Project (tm) logo and brand. We agreed to create a straw man spreadsheet of requirements for this and will discuss over the next month. The analogy here is to the CGL requirements form, only I'm hoping it's closer to maybe a dozen lines to fill in rather than 200. :-)

Dave