[yocto] [Yocto] How to remove a particular package or packages collection for an image

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Tue Apr 10 00:29:12 PDT 2012

On 10/04/12 08:20, Jegan Chandru wrote:
> I did  dry-run on core-image-custom and I see mostly all packages from
> yocto included in my image, the packages that I do not need. So, how can
> I remove a particular package or a package collection, say graphics or
> some X packages for my image. Is it possible? or can core-image.bbclass
> is overwritable? Does my approach ok?
>
> Any help in achieving this is much appreciated.

The basic package selection in the Poky/Yocto images is done on basis of
the DISTRO_FEATURES variable, so you need to set this somewhere suitable
to only include the components you need (iirc, the default package
selection is quite rich).

Other than that, bitbake -g <package> generates .dot files that show
package dependencies, so you can work out why particular package is
being included.

Tomas