[yocto] Porting of specific Kernel/Driver into yocto.

Om Prakash PAL omprakash.pal at stericsson.com
Sun Apr 8 07:04:44 PDT 2012

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your reply.
I am totally new to Yocto.
I have gone through the section BSP/Linux kernel configuration and if I am not wrong then it explains how can we configure the kernel, not the how we can add/replace a  component(driver etc).
lets take the example of UART driver, I want to add my own UART driver code.
Should I write a separate recipe file (.bb) for UART Driver?.
if yes then I have to write the recipe files for all my drivers that will be very time consuming.
Is there any other way that I can port all my desired drivers into Yocto kernel?.
Please help me.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
Om Prakash Pal