[yocto] should the dev docs match the dev yocto source?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Apr 4 05:54:40 PDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On 12-04-04 05:29 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >    just noticed that BSP guide suggests 3.0 is the preferred linux
> > kernel, while the source itself is now up to 3.2.  should those match?
> > this is for *development* streams of both.
>
> Not necessarily. It depends on the target. We haven't moved everything
> to 3.2 yet.
>
> It should probably say something more generic that choosing one of the
> last two yocto validated kernels is the preferred starting point.

  understood.  i was just looking at the part of the BSP guide using
meta-crownbay as an example, and it kept referring to 3.0 when the
development version is already up to 3.2.  someone else can decide if
that's worth syncing up, given that the 3.0 content is still there.
not a big deal.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca