[yocto] beta bug? MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS doesn't seem to work right...

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Tue Apr 3 20:49:20 PDT 2012

I set MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "bogus" in my local.conf.

This var is used in core-image-minimal; it's assigned to
RRECOMMENDS_task-core-boot inside task-core-boot.bb.

Per the yocto glossary: "... the image will build if a file in this list
is not found. "

But it doesn't build:

**********************

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'bogus' (but
/opt/beta/yp-beta/meta/recipes-core/tasks/task-core-boot.bb RDEPENDS on
or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'bogus' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['bogus']
NOTE: Runtime target 'task-core-boot' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['task-core-boot', 'bogus']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-minimal' has no buildable
providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-minimal',
'task-core-boot', 'bogus']

Seems like a bug?

Note, MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS worked fine with a valid recipe.