[yocto] Moving angstrom under the yocto banner

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:25:42 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 09:01:01AM -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> Clear reproducible testing results. Whether or not a pair of git
> clones and some tinkering can result in the same thing as a poky
> repository or not isn't relevant in my opinion. I believe that we need
> a consistent mode of validating support for a Yocto Project X.Y
> release. Now if that is accomplished by building with the poky
> repository of the same vintage or by running some script that pulls
> the right bits together independently.... I honestly don't care, but I
> do think it should be consistent.

so teach setup script something like:
poky.sh checkout X.Y (which checkouts whatever parts are needed for X.Y)
poky.sh update X.Y   (dtto)

Which creates the same structure like poky repository has, but by
checkouting upstream repositories or using submodules or whatever.

That's what oebb.sh and SHR makefile does for master/shr HEADs, but can
be extended do it for particular version too.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com