[yocto] ref manual, ch 5, claims that toolchain should be installed under /opt/poky

Lu, Lianhao lianhao.lu at intel.com
Mon Apr 2 17:47:18 PDT 2012

Robert P. J. Day wrote on 2012-03-26:

>   currently, ch 5 of the reference manual claims that a generated
> "meta-toolchain" tarball should be unpacked under /opt/poky, which
> might be *historically* correct but i just baked a meta-toolchain and
> its tarball contents are all prefixed with "./usr/local/", which seems
> inconsistent with that.

Did you include the meta-yocto layer when you bake the meta-toolchain? "/opt/poky" is the default settings for the toolchain generated using meta-yocto layer, while oe-core uses "/usr/local". I don't know why your prefix is "./usr/local". The location of toolchain should be configurable by the value of variable SDKPATH, but we didn't test it with other values in the context of meta-yocto layer.

I don't think you can untar the meta-toolchain to any arbitrary place and have it work correctly.

-Lianhao