[yocto] preempt-rt kernel shutdown now command does not work

Darren Hart darren.hart at intel.com
Thu Sep 29 18:44:21 PDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 05:54 PM, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "shutdown -h now" command is not working on core-image-sato image
> with preempt-rt kernel 3.0.4  on Romley and crystal forest BSP
>
> I get Warning**: could not initialize ACPI battery. Xinit: connection
> to X server lost. xinit: uexpected signal 15

Hi Kishore,

I don't know that I've tried that specific command.

I see the unexpected signal message when shutting down the qemux86 sato
image (non-rt) with that or the halt command, but it does shut all the
way down. In your case does the system continue to be responsive after
issuing the command?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center