[yocto] Results of the latest documentation audit, September 2011

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Thu Sep 29 08:51:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

As a data point for where we stand in ensuring our packages are
producing documentation, I have a script which builds all recipes (using
the output of bitbake -s, not world), and then checks that a -doc
package is generated which is populated with files.

A summary of the results using yesterday's master are as follows:

589 recipes in total
324 recipes are building documentation
265 recipes are not building documentation

6 recipes did not build, and are counted above as "not building
documentation"

For comparison, here were the results from my last audit (June 10th):

584 recipes in total
307 recipes are building documentation
277 recipes are not building documentation

20 recipes did not build

So it's good to see the numbers are improving, if modestly.

The lists of recipes are attached to this email. We'd like to improve
the percentage of recipes that produce documentation (separated into
-doc packages, of course) for our next major release (1.2, in April).

Our userspace recipe maintainers should look into setting aside some
time to know which of their recipes are in the "not building
documentation" list and work to improve them. A lot of this is likely to
be low-hanging fruit.

Thanks,

Scott

--