[yocto] kernel panic when boot core-image-sato-sdk for qemux86

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Sep 9 20:58:49 PDT 2011

On 11-09-09 07:09 PM, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody ran into kernel panic when boot up core-image-sato-sdk for
> qemux86. I’ve been having this issue with several clean build for two
> days. And my latest build tree is a freshly cloned tree against
> poky-master with commit:
>
> commit 20dbf0024385eaef61a04d8773fd7640e3c8cc6d
>
> Author: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>
>
> Date: Fri Sep 9 19:07:40 2011 +0100
>
> The qemu kernel panic messages are:
>
> INIT: version 2.88 booting
>
> Init[1]: segfault at 38 ip 495076c7 sp bfd9b60c error 4 in
> libc-2.13.so[49492000+15f000]
>
> Init[1]: segfault at 16 ip 0804b3c7 sp bfd9b280 error 4 in
> init.sysvinit[8048000+7000]
>
> Kernel panic – not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>
> Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 3.0.4-yocto-standard+ #1
>
> Any idea?

Since I've been at Linux plumbers since Wednesday, I can confirm
that nothing has changed in the kernel itself. And I just booted
an older userspace with a brand new kernel a few minutes ago. That means
that something else has changed which is producing the segfault
(toolchain, libs, .. something) and tossing you out to the panic.

If you try an older filesystem with your recent kernel, do you see
a good boot.

Bruce