[yocto] qemu boot fail(root-nfs: unknown option: mountprog=21111)

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Thu Sep 8 08:09:14 PDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 10:49 PM, 蔡振军 wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> QEMU run well with a pre-build kernel image from yocto site. Now just
> change the kernel to one built myself, some error information appeared
> about nfs. My kernel image version is 2.6.35 configured by
> versatile_defconfig. Error information as following:
>
> “root-nfs: unknown option: mountprog=21111”,this message search nothing
> on google.
>
> Is there something wrong with .config? Add normally is there some
> special configuration I should do with kernel to fit QEMU?

Hi Feye,

The linux-yocto kernel has patches in it to enable booting via a
userspace NFS server, which needs to use high port numbers for its
mountd and nfsd daemons. You will need to include these patches in your
custom kernel if you wish to continue using our userspace NFS boot method.

Bruce, can you point Feye to this patchset?

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project