[yocto] core-image-clutter

Brian Duffy brduffy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:36:10 PDT 2011

Hello Yocto,

I'm getting my HOB on and I noticed core-image-clutter. My goal is to
develop for a set top box using clutter. I noticed a lot of important
packages included such as gstreamer and python. I did not notice pyclutter.
I'm actually leaning towards using C (gobject) since pyclutter does not stay
up to date with clutter releases these days (How I wish they would).
Developing a gui app with C is not exactly my idea of a good time.

I would like to get started creating a development environment for clutter
and I am assuming this is what I need. Is there anything else I should add
to get up and running with a basic clutter application development env? I'm
not ready to discuss Yocto SDK and eclipse plugin stuff just yet. I just
want to know if I can build core-image-clutter with the HOB and have an
image that is ready to support some beginners clutter programming. Maybe
with a little video playback for fun.

--
Duff