[yocto] RPM multilib package installation issue

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Fri Sep 2 11:36:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
> For everything I see, that should work.
>
> In classes/image.bbclass, RDEPENDS is augmented by the contents of
> IMAGE_INSTALL, LINGUAS_INSTALL, MULTILIB_IMAGE_INSTALL, and NORMAL_FEATURE_INSTALL.

The bitbake side is fine, It's getting put into RDEPENDS and all the
packages are beinh built properly. RPMs are built as well.

> The place to start looking for this is within the log.do_rootfs in the rootfs
> directory you are working on.  You should see something that indicates it's
> trying to install the "lib64-perl".  (in the case of RPM, it should eventually
> rename it to "perl" -- but choose the 64-bit version.)

However, I don't see code that invokes package_rpm.bbclass properly.
It looks like it could work, but no where is MLPREFIX set for image.
There is some override or something missing on my end or in the code
to properly export these vars for the ML rpm install scenario.

Further more, from what I see no where in rootfs_rpm.bbclass do we
pass MULTILIB_PACKAGE_INSTALL into the list of packages to be
installed... thus they fall off. ipk looks like it might have this
stuff done.

-M

-M