[yocto] RPM multilib package installation issue

Xu, Dongxiao dongxiao.xu at intel.com
Fri Sep 2 00:33:44 PDT 2011

Hi Mark and Richard,

I am trying to setup a RPM multilib system that, it is a qemux86-64 base image with MULTILIB_IMAGE_INSTALL = "lib32-connman-gnome". With several fixes, the build can pass.

However in run time testing I met a problem that, for those libraries whose base/multilib versions packages will be both built out (like libgtk, it has "libgtk-2.0-2.22.1-r2.x86_64.rpm" and "libgtk-2.0-2.22.1-r2.x86.rpm"), the rpm will only installs the lib32 version of it.

Therefore one question is, if there are two rpm packages with the same PN, PV, PR, but different architecture (like our multilib case), then we run command "rpm -ivh libgtk", which version of libgtk will be installed? Or does rpm have any parameter to force installing them both? Actually multilib requires to install them both with certain order.

Thanks,
Dongxiao