[yocto] building and using yocto 1.1

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 28 09:47:47 PDT 2011

On 28/10/11 09:39, Xianghua Xiao wrote:
> I do want to point out that:
> 1.1 is 12 hours while 1.0 was 8 hours, using the same machine on the
> same network, not sure why.
> input under sato does not work, it's showing some non-English letters
> while i type.

The build time issue is known, we're doing more work (building more
things) in 1.1 - however, reducing build time is a primary goal and I
expect there to be a reduction in build time by the time 1.2 is released.

Could you file a bug for your input issue? That way it's more likely
that someone with the appropriate skill set will be made aware of it.

http://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org

Thanks,
Joshua
--