[yocto] building and using yocto 1.1

Xianghua Xiao xiaoxianghua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 07:20:34 PDT 2011

when I built 1.0 out of the box, it took 7 hours.
on the same machine/network, yocto 1.1 took a full 12 hours, not sure
what happened to cause this nearly doubled build time.

after the default build(bitbake core-image-sato), I run 'runqemu
qemux86', click on 'tasks', try to add a new task, however my input is
shown non-english, or garbage on screen, which I have seen the same
issue on yocto1.0 release as well. this is a 10.04 ubuntu 64bit
machine.

don't know what to say about it, just my OOB(out-of-box) experience

xianghua