[yocto] [OE-core] how to set time zone

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:32:12 PDT 2011

2011/10/28 Ni Qingliang <niqingliang at insigma.com.cn>:
> Hello All:
>
> what is the right way to set timezone?
>
> I have added tzdata into my image, and can find some variables in the
> etc, e.g. 'TZ'.
>
> on my archlinux, I can set TIMEZONE in the rc.conf, which is used in
> rc.sysvinit (which will link the /etc/localtime using TIMEZONE).
>
> what is the right place to locate similar setting code (e.g. link
> the /etc/localtime) in the yocto?
>
> thanks!
>

> --
> Yi Qingliang
> niqingliang at insigma.com.cn
> http://niqingliang2003.wordpress.com

Hi,

you could try the following:
http://www.rwhitby.net/blog/nslu2-linux/setting-the-openmoko-timezone.html

Well this is the first entry when using google with "openembedded time
zone", so please consider using search engines first next time.

Also this is the very same process like it is done on a desktop
computer, googling for "set time zone linux command line" gives this
result:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-linux-unix-change-setup-timezone-tz-variable/
Which shows more precise steps at the headline "Set timezone using
/etc/localtime configuration file [any Linux distro]".

(Sorry for cross posting, but this was carried over to the OE-Core list)

--
Regards
Samuel