[yocto] Yocto webbrowser ?

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 4 08:46:58 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 15:26 +0200, Vellemans, Noel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been building the current-release of yocto (which succeeds)
> [ sato-qemu-arm build]
>

> 1) At this time I would like to 'include' the web-browser
> (webkit-web-browser)  into this build but I can not find any doc's on
> how to do this?
> Any pointers ?

You'll need to customise an image to include the web browser:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.1/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

> 2) If the Web-browser build succeeds, how can I install this on the
> target ?

Alternatively you can scp the built package (probably
build/tmp/deploy/rpm/ARCH/packagename if you're using the default
settings) to the target device and install with the on-device package
management tools.

Regards,
Joshua
--