[yocto] how to cleanly exit a QEMU session?

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 30 18:16:48 PST 2011

On 30/11/11 14:47, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Joshua Lock,
>
> In message <4ED6AED5.8070308 at linux.intel.com> you wrote:
>>
>> What do people think to the idea of putting something into the image for
>> those two specific machines which aliases poweroff to reboot?
>
> I consider it a really bad idea, as "poweroff" is actually a very
> different action than "reboot" - the former should shut down and halt
> the system, while the latter should actually restart it.

I understand the difference and I'm not proposing we set that for all
machines, however we already explicitly prevent all qemu machines booted
via our scripts from restarting - so I think in this case the alias
makes sense.

Having said that it was just a suggestion, I'll not lose sleep if folks
don't like the idea.

Joshua
--
Joshua Lock