[yocto] how to cleanly exit a QEMU session?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 30 14:47:17 PST 2011

Dear Joshua Lock,

In message <4ED6AED5.8070308 at linux.intel.com> you wrote:

> What do people think to the idea of putting something into the image for
> those two specific machines which aliases poweroff to reboot?

I consider it a really bad idea, as "poweroff" is actually a very
different action than "reboot" - the former should shut down and halt
the system, while the latter should actually restart it.

It appears both operations are not properly working and need to be
fixed.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If the code and  the  comments  disagree,  then  both  are  probably
wrong."                                                - Norm Schryer