[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 29 10:05:59 PST 2011

Attendees:
Richard, Jessica, Matthew, Darren, Tom, Saul, Paul, Mark, Denys, Joshua, Jeff, Dave, Scott, Nitin, Song

New Action Item List:
* Action item Review - 5 min
  1. Mark will review unsorted features from Wind River team and try to have them scheduled (WIP)

Focus of the current week:
  M1 development and bug fixing, keep features on schedule, get patches reviewed or pre-reviewed as soon as possible.

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 point release update - 10 min (Josh/Beth)
  . Had an almost complete build for 1.0.2 last week, but still have some problems. Joshua is working on it. Targeting this week to have a build.
  . Will have CCB review the overall patch strategy for 1.1.1 tomorrow.
* Yocto 1.2 M1 Status (features development) - 10 min (Song/Beth)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.2_Status
    . We are in the 5th week of M1. Feature complete coming this weekend
    . The build is green, no high bugs.
    . Test plan for all testable features have been completed, will be executed when the feature is in the build.
    . Great progress on P1 features last week, One small P1 has 20% done. all others are more than 70% complete. Most of them are more than 80% complete.
    . Last week has a great surprise on bug fixing, fixed about 20 bugs. Richard contributed most of them
    . Not great update on package update. Only one package update  last week, Saul and Song will follow up on that.
    . Darren 1635: this one may have to be rescheduled. Darren will see  how to fit this one into the rest of his schedule.
    . Issue: lots of features in the development stage, there could be a stampede of patch review and pull request in this last development week.
      - Consensus of the team: most of the people are working diligently to keep the features on schedule and also get patches pre-reviewed. We should allow more time for this to work.
      - We should publish the current process we are using so that the community can understand it better.

* Opens - 10 min

* Action item Review - 5 min
  1. Mark will review unsorted features from Wind River team and try to have them scheduled (WIP)
  2. Paul will ping Jeremy on 1598 (Done, still need more time, 1598 should be moved to other milestones)

* Weekly team sharing (20 min)
 Jeff: None,
 Josh: Worked and working on point release, nothing blocking now.
 Denys: None
 Mark: None
 Paul: initial version of package history patches, patch review, sending RFC to oe core mailing list. Still working on that.
 Saul: catching up on patches, working with team on updates, working on updates. Headsup on Openssl 1.0, RFC first. Using meta-oe as the base. Nothing blocking
 Tom: working on crownbay video acceleration, config clean up on meta-intel BSPs, other internal BSPs. Continue with these this week.
 Darren: Grub EFI, support internal teams, internal BSP, worked on Yocto doc with Scott. This week, get the grub efi done. Darren sent out another version out for review last night. Will integrate grub efi, moving on to syslinux.
 Matthew: working on cache issues, with Edison branch, upstreamed most of it. Hoping all of these fixes in 1.1.1, but they may bring more problems.
  . Dave: intuition is to have 10-12 fixes in a point release. Otherwise more patches may bring more problems, and also make the main release look bad. Really appreciate the work Matthew has done, we are trying to include it. We are planning a full QA test and release candidate for this point release in order to include more patches in it.
  . Richard: Master branch is stable, good time to get some fixes in point release, the situation is what it is, we should handle it.
 Jessica: completed eclipse plug-in work, fixed problems. Move on to look at  improving usability of the bitbake commander.
 Richard: Spent quite some time going through various issues. Closed bugs, the master is good, shared state is in good shape. Getting us closer to continuous integration. Will look at patches, bugs. Merge window coming up.
 Nitin: was working upgrades, starting to get into gtk staff. X32 work is going on.
 Scott: working on some bugs, got one done. Changes on manuals. Got the Yocto doc straighten out on the repo. Continue on bugs. Richard will take a look at the documentation page and suggest some changes.