[yocto] related to telnetd

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 28 09:16:11 PST 2011

On Monday 28 November 2011 09:44:42 Navani Kamal Srivastava wrote:
> I am looking for "telnetd" utility so that I can take telnet session of my
> board. Can you please tell me in order to include this utility in my rootfs
> which packages I need to include in my *.bb file.

So the first question (which you might be expecting) is, is there a good reason
why you would not use ssh in preference to telnet?

You could enable CONFIG_TELNETD in busybox if you really need telnetd, but for
most purposes dropbear providing ssh should be enough for remote shell access.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton