[yocto] SRCREV variable

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 23 15:41:36 PST 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011 15:19:01 Saxena, Rahul wrote:
> For example if my source is MesaLib-7.9.tar.bz2 file from following
> site...what steps do I need to do to get the SRCREV ?
>
> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/7.9/

SRCREV is only used when you are fetching from some remote version control
system (git, etc.). If it's complaining about it not being present then there
must be some reference to a VCS in your SRC_URI. You can check this by running
the following (replacing targetname as appropriate):

bitbake -e targetname | grep ^SRC_URI

Cheers,
Paul

--