[yocto] SRCREV variable

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Wed Nov 23 15:29:47 PST 2011

There is a bit more in the Yocto Project Reference Manual at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html.   It states:

SRCREV - The revision of the source code used to build the package.  This variable applies to Subversion, Git, Mercurial and Bazaar only.  Note that if you wish to build a fixed revision and you wish to avoid performing a query on the remote repository every time BitBake parses your recipe, you should specify a SRCREV that is a full revision identifier and not just a tag.

Also, Section 5.1.6 of that reference manual has some information on developing within Yocto Project for a package that uses an external SCM.

I am not sure if these will help you but this is where the latest documentation is for SRCREV.

ScottR