[yocto] Atom netbook recommendation?

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 22 14:50:00 PST 2011

Hi Bob,

On 21/11/11 17:19, Bob Cochran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're going to bring an Atom based netbook in house for some additional
> yocto testing. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for ones
> that behave well with the yocto project & are solid in general. Also,
> letting me know about any netbooks to avoid would also be appreciated.

I assume the plan is to build for the netbooks, not on the netbooks? :-)

I've run Poky built images on a bunch of older netbooks I have lying
around by Samsung, Acer and Asus.

I think you should be fine with pretty much any netbook you can get but
I strongly recommend you avoid anything which requires non-open drivers
- that way you have a better chance of the stock kernel just working.

Just last week I built an image for my Samsung NC10 and the stock kernel
worked fine.

Cheers,
Joshua
--