[yocto] Yocto usability questions

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Fri Nov 18 09:20:56 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Ourada, Paul <Paul.Ourada at covidien.com>wrote:

> I would just add that for some corporate/enterprise customers (such as
> myself), while IRC is great, it isn't as great an option because corporate
> IS locks down IRC protocols. To use IRC, I would have to do so from a
> non-work computer and likely outside of normal work hours, of which I
> already put in way more than my wife would prefer. :)

Hi Paul - I would never endorse an end-run around anyone's corporate rules,
and I strongly encourage you to talk to your boss and IT's boss about
enabling IRC.

That being said - you can connect to IRC at Freenode on a webpage at
webchat.freenode.net. I recommend this often to folks who have proxy issues.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org