[yocto] Yocto usability questions

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:56:30 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2011-11-18 09:00, Philip Balister wrote:

The problem goes like this.  Some projects tend to keep all of their
technical discussions on the mailing list, so this works great.  But,
OE isn't one of those.  I think we try and keep the "big items" at
least summarized on the mailing lists, but at the end of the day, if
you know you need to ask $someone what they think, and you're on IRC
(or gchat or skype or ...) and they are too, you can either bug them
real time, or email them long form (or the dreaded but happens in
companies, 10 emails in 2 minutes, top posting questions/answers back
and forth, with some list in tow).

I don't know if this was a conscious choice of the project or not, but
at the end of the day, if you want to know everything you need to also
skim the logs for #oe and #yocto (and if you're angstrom, #angstrom).
That said, I think the IRC logging bots could use a kick into this
decade and some RSS feeds would sure help folks actually follow along
rather than just waiting on google to index the text files.

--
Tom