[yocto] Yocto reference manual: error in given example

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Tue Nov 15 14:44:50 PST 2011

Hi,

I am looking at the YP Reference manual and the example in this section uses meta/recipes-sato/tasks/task-poky.bb, which doesn’t seem to exist in the Poky tree.   Since the example in the section 3.2.2 is created just for instructional purposes I am going to get rid of the reference to the ‘meta/recipes-sato/tasks/task-poky.bb’ path.

To make the example correct, can I simply insert the ‘ALLOW_EMPTY = “1” statement as follows:

DESCRIPTION = "My Custom Tasks"

     PACKAGES = "\
         task-custom-apps \
         task-custom-apps-dbg \