[yocto] rpm dependency errors

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Nov 14 20:16:30 PST 2011

I've now run across this same error in two different contexts, and am
having difficulty trying to figure out what is going on

First, while building meta-toolchain-sdk, I ran into
http://pastebin.com/BT02UYk1
 ... cut ...
Processing task-core-standalone-gmae-sdk-target-dbg...
| error: Failed dependencies:
|       libgthread-2.0.so.0 is needed by libgupnp-1.0-3-0.16.1-r0.sh4
|       libresolv.so.2 is needed by libgupnp-1.0-3-0.16.1-r0.sh4

I've confirmed that the libgupnp rpm has only SH4 binaries in it.

Next, while building a custom image, I ran across the same error with
portmap and tcp-wrappers:

http://pastebin.com/dRb5Dum8

Note in the pastebin I extracted tcp-wrappers and 'file' says that
everything is SH4.

--
Michael