[yocto] UI skelecton of hob v2 is updated in wiki.

Lu, Lianhao lianhao.lu at intel.com
Mon Nov 14 10:09:55 PST 2011

Some comments:

1. Do we need the "Window" menu to "to switch to any step from any step"? I don't think the users are allowed to skip step 2 by directly swtiching from step1 to step3. The "Back" and "Next" in each step should do the work.

2. Do we need those "View ***.conf" and open "Open directory" items under "Tools" menu? I think hob is designed to help users to avoid viewing/editing those configuration files and recipes. What's the difference between build log and make log? I think we might not want to put too many items under menus.

3. In step 1 configuration, maybe we can replace the configuration variable names with their actual meaning, at least for the basic configurtaion dialogue. If we can't define the actual meaning of a configuration variable, we then might need to think about whether we should put that configuration item into the UI.

4. In the advanced configuration dialogue, it'd better if we group those items by their meanings and influence, not by the filename where the configure variable is defined.

5. Is it possible that we move some image-only related configuration items, i.e. IMAGE_FSTYPES, ROOTFS_FLASH_SIZE, FREE_SPCE, etc. from step1 dialogue into the step3 dialogue?

Best Regards,
Lianhao